The world needs more perseverance.
Leveraging the Watkins network
When we reflect on the remarkable lives and careers of Watkins alumni, we see a compelling creative force. Together, we represent a diverse and accomplished extended family of like-minded individuals united by a profound confidence in the power of the arts to improve our culture—and societies around the world.
We owe it to one another to stay in touch. To encourage, support, and challenge one another. To deepen our creative visions and reinvigorate our drive to make the planet a more thoughtful, thought-provoking, and productive place. And to sustain the environment that helped make all this possible.
What we can do for you
Take advantage of us. Really. We have a suite of opportunities and resources at your disposal.
- Free courses
If you are a member of a baccalaureate graduating class from the fall of 2015 or later, you have two free classes coming your way. You can take one class per semester on a space-available basis within two years of your graduation date. And you can choose to audit or take your free courses for credit. Submit an alumni application online.
- Weekly Opportunities Listing
Our Career Services Office publishes a weekly email with details about jobs (full-time and gigs), grant notices, residencies, and other postings for artists, designers, and filmmakers.
- Résumé consultation
Need help with your résumé? Email the Career Services Office to set up an appointment.
- National Employment Bulletin for the Visual Arts Professions
As a Watkins alum, you can receive a free copy of this monthly posting of jobs for graduates in the visual arts. Email our Student Life Office to join the mailing list.
What you can do for us
Your journey and your work are your biggest contributions to Watkins. We’d love to spread the news about what you’ve been doing. Share your story—along with your website, images, IMDB page, exhibitions, awards, projects, companies, or other activities—and we’ll do our best to get the word out. We’ve designed Watkins’s website and digital platforms to serve as an international touchpoint of artistic relevance and vision, and we want you to join in. Browse this site and put yourself forward or suggest others to feature.
We appreciate your generosity almost as much as your genius. After all, keeping Watkins a vibrant place that catalyzes future artists is critical. You can make a tax-deductible donation online or mail a check along with a printed copy of the online form.
If you want to do more
Curated list of external resources
- Advertising Age
- Aiga-The Professional Association for Design
- Art Deadlines
- The Artist’s Guide
- Artist Residencies
- Arts Opportunities
- Art Job Online
- Art Search
- Career Rookie CAA-College Art Association
- New Grad Life
- Best Colleges “Student Guide to Landing a Job”
Kindred spirits—state, regional, and national arts organizations
- Americans for the Arts (AFTA)
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+)
- Grantmakers in the Arts (GIA)
- Metro Nashville Arts Commission (MNAC)
- Mid-South Sculpture Alliance (MSA)
- Nashville Chamber of Commerce
- National Arts and Disability Center (NADC)
- New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA)
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- Southern Arts Federation (SAF)
- Tennessee Arts Commission (TAC)
- Tennesseans for the Arts (TFTA)
- Volunteer Lawyers and Professionals for the Arts (VLPA)
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA)
Ways to Give
Whether you’re donating to the annual fund, planning long-term giving, or making a memorial gift, Watkins allows you to donate in the way that’s most meaningful to you.Learn More